Position in the project:
Number of job offers:
3500 PLN per month
Position starts on:
Maximum period of contract/ stipend agreement:
From 18 months with the possibility of extension to 36 months
Poznan Science and Technology Park, Material Synthesis Group, Poznań
Dr hab. Inż. Marcin Śmiglak
New plant resistance inducers and their application as innovative approach to plant protection against pathogens.
Project is carried out within the Team – Teach Programme of the Foundation for Polish Science.
The entire research project is set to investigate application potential of active compound in inducing the resistance in economically important plant species toward their common diseases under greenhouse and field conditions. Resistance inducer and its derivatives will be tested on new varieties of plants (cultivated in greenhouses and on the fields) towards their properties of SAR induction and it will be determined the particular conditions of treatment such as application period, frequency and optimal dosage. The goals of the project will be realized through four distinct research objectives :
1) Design and optimization of synthesis of resistance inducer, including scale-up, from commercially available starting materials,
2) Preparation of prototype formulations of targeted substance and evaluation of physical properties, long term stability and compatibility with working solution ,
3) Biological efficacy assessment and application requirements of prepared formulations on various plant-pathogen models including greenhouse and field tests ,
4) Evaluation of substance accumulation in plants and possible environmental footprint that tested substance could have on the ecosystem and other organisms.
Key responsibilities include:
1) The major tasks to performed by the PhD student will be all of greenhouse and field experiments on plants both at PPNT facilities and project partner institutions
2) Performing ecotoxicity and bioaccumulation screening of chosen active substances
3) Determination of biological properties of new derivatives of resistance inducer.
Profile of candidates/ requirements:
1) Master degree in chemistry, biotechnology or related field,
2) Experience in laboratory work,
3) Experience in at least one of the fields: plant biology, plant pathology, organic synthesis, Systemic Acquired Resistance (SAR),
4) Very good written and oral communication skills in English,
5) Motivation and enthusiasm to work in science,
6) Good collaborative and team work skills
7) In case of being accepted for the PhD student position in the project the candidate, before signing the contract, is required to submit documentation proving his/hers enrolment in the PhD program in chemistry, biology or related discipline.
1) Curriculum vitae,
2) Research record,
3) Cover letter,
4) Copy of MSc diploma or Masters degree certificate
5) Certificate of having the status of a PhD student (if available)
6) Recommendation letter from former supervisors/ collaborators and their contact details.
1) PhD student position in interdisciplinary, well-funded group focusing on the designing and synthesis systemic acquired resistance inducers,
2) Cooperation with scientists from Poznan Science and Technology Park,
3) Participation in an exciting research program conducted within a newly established center with high scientific expectations and goals,
4) International collaboration with leading scientists with possibility of short term visits.
Upon receiving candidates offers, we will be contacting only with selected candidates.
Recruitment interview will be 11-12th of February 2019 at 10:00-15:00.
More detail: Emilia.Frydrych@ppnt.poznan.pl
Please submit the following documents to:
Please send the application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please title the email “TEAM-TECH PhD student application”)
February 06, 2019
Information about personal data of candidates applying for employment at the Adam Mickiewicz University Foundation in Poznan.
Please read the following clause and include its content in the application documents.
I agree to the processing of my personal data by the Adam Mickiewicz University Foundation in Poznan with headquarters in Poznan for the needs necessary to implement a current recruitment process/ current and future recruitment processes *.
* delete as appropriate
Please be advised that the administrator of your personal data is the Adam Mickiewicz University Foundation in Poznan with headquarters in Poznan (61-612), at Rubież Street 46. Candidates' personal data will be processed in order to recruit for the position indicated in the announcement until the completion of the recruitment process, and if you have agreed to participate in future recruitment for a period of 24 months from their transfer.
Personal data provided by you will not be shared with other recipients and will not be transferred to a third country. You have the right to access your personal data and the right to rectify, delete, limit processing, the right to transfer the data, the right to object, the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the legality of processing, which was made on the basis of consent before its withdrawal, as well as the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory body when you feel that the processing of personal data concerning you violates the provisions of the general regulation on the protection of personal data of April 27, 2016.
Providing personal data by you is voluntary.